Tuesday, February 26, 2013

STOP FOOD WASTE TOMORROW !

 ''I'm not hungry'' ''I'm full just throw the rest away''... We are all guilty of wasting food. We may not see wasting food as a big deal ; however this does affect society. According to''Nofoodwaste.com".Every year, the average person produces nearly 475 pounds of food waste. That adds up to a 70+ million tons, making it the third largest component by weight in our landfills''.  When I first learned this I told myself it is an unbelievable fact; How could one possible waste so much food. I was taught at a very young age that wasting food is not good because there are many people in the world who do not have anything to eat. When I was younger I use to make sure that I finish all my food. However as I got older I realize that whether I eat all my food or not; Others who are hungry are still not going to be able to the food that I left over. I never really understand that, But I do understand that wasting food is not the right way to do things


Most of the society is aware of what wasting food is doing to our environment. According  to'' Lovefoodhatewaste.Gov''   Food waste affects our environment in many ways; Excess amounts of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are contributing to global warming and climate change. When wasted food is thrown away ans breaks down in landfill, together with other organic materials, it becomes the main contributor to the generation of methane ( A gas 25 times stringer than carbon dioxide at trapping heat in the atmosphere. Since we all care about our environment ( Well I do hope you care about your health as I do to mine) it is believed that we can help stop wasting food. So instead of throwing food away we could: 1. Don’t buy something just because it’s there2. Buy bulk with a friend 3. Divide and conquer  4. Make a meal plan 5. Don’t shop hungry. Hopefully these steps will help us stop food wastage.










Source:http://www.nofoodwaste.com/
           http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Saving-Money/2012/1110/Stop-wasting-food-5-steps
               

10 comments:

  1. Very interesting. The blog post seems more personal than others, and I like that sort of tone. I also like the alternatives you gave instead of wasting food. Nice work, and look out for saibamen I got defeated by one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anthony, And may I ask who Saibamen is?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work,I liked how you described the greenhouse gas and how it contributes to global warming and climate change.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so I guess found waste is linked to global warming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey this is some well thought information connecting wasting food to environmental issues.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WONDERFUL BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was very insightful!you really filled in the blanks for me:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms.colon, My goals were to fill in your blanks

      Delete